Welcome to the 2018-19 school year! As the school year gets underway, it is the Nanuet Board of Education’s resolve to continuously improve the District’s ability to engage ALL of its residents – through our K-12 Alert notifications, the District website, and other social media platforms. It is important that residents/taxpayers are informed of important issues taking place in the District from year to year.
Among the initiatives taking place this year are:
- Superintendent Search Process – Rockland BOCES will assist the Board in selecting a new Superintendent for July 1, 2019 with the process beginning in late September/early October.
- Change to HS Start/End Times – We are aligning the High School’s schedule to reflect research-based findings that positively affect students’ health, safety and learning.
- High School Renovation – We are completing asbestos abatement and upgrades to the HS Cafeteria and Media Center, with a focus on creating 21st Century innovative teaching & learning environments.
- Seeking Re-Accreditation of each building by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges – A visiting team is scheduled for this November.
- Pfizer Tax Dispute Matter – This involves tax years 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19.
Yom KippurNanuet Union Free School District
Highview: School Picture DayNanuet Union Free School District
Miller: Meet the Teachers Night
K-2Nanuet Union Free School District