SPECIAL ELECTION - Thursday, October 28, 2021 - 7am to 9 pm @ Nanuet Senior High School Gym
To qualify as a voter, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- At least 18 years old; and
- A resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote; and
- Not otherwise prohibited from voting under the provisions of section 5-106 of the Election Law (e.g. a person who has been adjudged to be mentally incompetent).
In order to vote in the Special Election and/or the Annual Budget Vote and School Board Election, voters must be registered with the Rockland County Board of Elections or the Nanuet School District. Residents may register to vote online at the DMV Voter Registration Site. Visit https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application. For a mail-in registration form or for more information, visit https://rocklandgov.com/departments/board-of-elections/register-to-vote/.
If you would like to check your registration status, visit https://voterlookup.elections.ny.gov/ . Please note the polling place for our School District Election only is Nanuet High School gym.
Please call Andrea Dobbelaer at 845-627-9202 and leave a message with any questions.
*For 2021 Only: You may request an absentee ballot if you are concerned about contracting COVID-19.
A qualified voter of the District may request in good faith an absentee ballot due to one of the following only:
- Absence from county on election day; or
- Temporary illness or physical disability (Includes COVID-19 concerns for 2021)
- Permanent illness or physical disability
- Duties related to primary care of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled; or
- Resident or patient of Veterans Health Administration Hospital; or
- Detention in jail/prison, awaiting trial, awaiting action by a grand jury, or in prison for conviction of a crime or offense which was not a felony
Absentee Ballot Deadlines:
- Absentee ballot applications with original signatures must be received via regular mail or in person by the District Clerk no earlier than September 29, 2021 (30 days before the special election).
- If the applicant requests the absentee ballot to be mailed, the application must be received by the District Clerk no later than October 21, 2021 (7 days before the special election). Absentee ballots will be mailed by First Class mail only.
- If the applicant or his/her designated agent (with proper ID) delivers the application to the District Clerk in person, the application must be received no later than October 27, 2021 (day before special election).
- Completed absentee ballots must be received by regular mail or in person by the office of the District Clerk by 5:00 pm on the day of the special election (October 28, 2021).
Please call the District Clerk at 845-627-9202 for in-person pickup/deliveries and for any questions. Military Voters: please see information below; do not use above application.
Pursuant to N.Y. Education Law §2018-D, school districts must make military ballots available for elections. Military ballots allow a member of the uniformed services or a qualified family member to vote in the election while absent due to military service.
Under the law, there are special accommodations for military voters. Please see the following link for more information or call the District Clerk at 845-627-9202:
- Military registration forms must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 pm on October 1, 2021.
- Military ballot applications must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 pm on October 4, 2021.
- Completed military ballots must be received by mail in the office of the District Clerk by 5:00 pm on October 28, 2021 (day of the special election).
Please call the District Clerk at 845-627-9202 for any questions.