We are excited to announce the launch of our NEW Online Registration Portal for registration.
STEP TWO: Once your child has been registered online, submit copies of the required documents for registration by uploading them into the Registration Portal. If you cannot successfully upload the documents, then you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure that you include your child's name in the subject line of your emails.
Incoming Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-2021 school year
A child must be at least 5 years old by December 1, 2020 to enter Kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year.
We are excited to announce the launch of our NEW Online Registration Portal for kindergarten registration.
STEP ONE: Visit http://www.nanuetsd.org/online_kindergarten_registration to register your child online.
STEP TWO: Once your child has been registered online, submit copies of the required documents for registration by emailing them to email@example.com.
For Questions about the following:
- Residency / updating a student's address
- Inquiring if an address is within the Nanuet School District
- Home Access Center
- K12 Alerts
Please call Kathleen Maier at 845-627-9859 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Directions to Registration Office
**Registration is by appointment only** Please call Kathleen Maier at 845-627-9859 to schedule an appointment.
The Nanuet Schools Registration Office is located in the High School Building at:
101 Church Street
Nanuet, NY 10954
**Attendance to Nanuet Public Schools is for LEGAL RESIDENTS ONLY**
Proof of Residency
- One of the following: Lease Agreement, Mortgage Statement, Deed Closing Papers, Property Tax Bill
And Two of the following:
- Utility Bill-Orange and Rockland
- Water Bill-Suez Water
- Cable Bill-Dish Network,Cablevision, Verizon
- Landline Phone Bill **wireless phone bills will NOT be accepted**
**The district maintains the right to request further proof of residency at any time**
Parent Photo Identification
- For Identification Purposes Only (Driver's License, Non-Driver's ID Card, Visa, Passport or other photo ID)
Proof of Birth (Must Be Original) Provide one of the following
- Birth Certificate
- Passport/Green Card (Current)
- Baptismal/Bris Certificate
Proof of Immunization
- Month, date, and year of immunization stamped by a doctor. A doctor's office can fax them directly to Nanuet Schools 845-623-1963
The following immunizations are required for all students entering Grades K-12. Additional immunization may be necessary on a case by case basis.
- 3 doses of DTP (diphtheria, pertussis, tetanus)
- 3 doses of polio vaccine
- 2 doses of MMR (measles, mumps and rubella)
- Tdap vaccine - 1 dose for Grades 6-12
- 3 doses of hepatitis B vaccine
- 1-2 doses of varicella (chicken pox)
- Meningococcal vaccine (students entering grades 7 and 12), 12th graders must have 2 doses
Contact the district nurses for additional questions regarding immunization or medical issues:
- Nanuet High School (Grades 9-12, Life Skills Program) Maura Hanigan, RN 845-627-9810
- Barr Middle School (Grades 5-8) Catherine White, RN 845-627-4041
- Highview Elementary (Grades 3-4) Eileen Ryan, RN 845-627-3490
- Miller Elementary (K-2) Lyne Louis-Charles, RN 845-627-4864
Previous School Records
- Official Transcripts
- Last report card
- IEP (if applicable)
Legal Orders-Custody, Visitation, Order of Protection, etc. (if applicable)
All school registration is conducted through the district central offices. All registration forms and registration requirements must be completed and compiled prior to registration.
To register your pre-school age (3-5) child for Special Education Services you must first be referred to the Committee on Pre-School Special Education. Once your child is referred a registration packet will be sent to you. All parents seeking services for their child must register them in person.
Registration Requirements for CPSE
- Completed Registration Form
- Signed Consent Form
- Child's Birth Certificate or Current Passport
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency-utility bill, cable bill, landline phonebill--cellphone bills will NOT be accepted
CPSE registration is conducted at the district central offices. Please call 845-627-9883 to schedule an appointment.
To contact Student Support Services call 845-627-9814.
For general questions or to obtain an application please contact:
Rockland Child Care Resources
235 Main St Suite 11
Spring Valley, NY 10977
phone: 877-425-0009 x460
website: Child Care Resources
Nanuet Family Resource Center
George Miller Elementary School
50 Blauvelt Rd
Nanuet, NY 10954
website: Family Resource Center