Dear Parents and Guardians,
The purpose of this letter is to provide you with an update of the New York State Education Department’s testing program, which is built upon the Common Core State Standards.
Our students in Grades 3-8 will be taking the NYS English Language Arts Tests on Tuesday, March 28th to Thursday, March 30th and the NYS Mathematics Tests on Tuesday, May 2nd to Thursday, May 4th. Similar to last year, incorporated into this year’s tests are changes based on information the State Education Department collected from students, parents and educators. Specifically,
- ELA and Math Tests have fewer questions.
- All of the tests are untimed.
- 2017 tests were developed with greater teacher involvement.
- The tests have no official evaluation consequences for educators.
- See: Link to 2017 Grades 3-8 New York State Assessments - What Parents Need to Know (English)
- See: Link to 2017 Grades 3-8 New York State Assessments - What Parents Need to Know (translated for parents into 10 languages, including Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified), French, Haitian Creole, Karen, Nepali, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu).
PTA Council Meeting@ HS Room 171 7:30pmNanuet Union Free School District
Founder's DayNanuet Union Free School District
Grades 3-8 NYS ELA
3/28-3/30Nanuet Union Free School District
Click Here for 2016-17 Registration information