Board of Education Seat - If you are interested in running for a seat on the Board of Education, petitions are available from the District Clerk, Andrea Dobbelaer, located in the Administrative Offices. There will be three (3) terms expiring; each are three (3) year terms commencing July 1, 2017 and expiring on June 30, 2020. The petitions must be returned to the District Clerk no later than Monday, April 17, 2017 by 5:00 pm.
To qualify as a voter, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the day of the vote
- Not otherwise prohibited from voting under the provisions of section 5-106 of the Election Law (e.g. a person who has been adjudged to be mentally incompetent)
In order to vote in school budget vote and board elections, voters must be registered with the Rockland County Board of Elections or Nanuet School District. If you are uncertain if you are registered to vote, contact the district clerk, Andrea Dobbelaer, at 627-9888. Eligible residents can register in the district administration offices during regular office hours. In-person registration is required along with photo identification and proof of residence. The district administration building is located at 101 Church Street, Nanuet.
- Illness or physical disability; hospitalization
- Incarceration (except for a felony)
- Travel outside of the county or city of residence for reasons of employment, business, studies or vacation on the day of the election/vote
Applications for absentee ballots are obtainable on the district's website and during school business hours from the office of the District Clerk.
Completed ballots must be received in the office of the District Clerk by 5:00 pm on the day of the election.